Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Associate Facilities Manager
Van Nuys, CA 91406 US
Posted: 03/16/2023 2023-03-16 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Contract to Hire Industry: Management Job Number: 84238
This (on-site) Facilities Associate Manager will be based out of the Van Nuys, CA location and will serve as the Site/Plant Lead. Their primary responsibility will be to provide leadership for (2) onsite technicians and manage (1) ~280K SF mixed-use site which includes specialty anechoic chambers; temperature chambers; vibe tables, classified space and hydrostatic test towers.
The Facilities Assoc. Manager will maintain, oversee and manage a wide range of assets such as buildings, grounds and equipment to ensure that a workspace is safe and functional. Key duties will include negotiating with contractors and service providers, inspecting facilities to meet safety and regulatory compliance and managing building projects and renovations. They will collaborate with the Site General Manager, building inhabitants, onsite staff and contractors; using industry knowledge and skills to maintain all aspects of the building(s). Tasks include but not limited to:
- Serve as the Project Manager for facility refurbishment, renovations and modernization.
- Partner with Procurement to solicit bids and manage outside vendors and contractors for services beyond the skill level of in-house maintenance employees; negotiate contracts for best value pricing, create SOWs
- Perform space planning / space management analysis
- Escort for Agency Inspections -- Fire Department, elevator, roof, sling & hoist, city inspectors, etc.
- Create CIP and AOP Budgets for the site. Plan, manage and prioritize capital requests.
- Lead Sustainability projects for Van Nuys, ex. water conservation program
- Prepare facilities for changing weather conditions (earthquake, heavy rains, etc.)
- Respond to facility and equipment alarms and system failures
- Develop and implement cost reduction initiatives (e3)
- Monitor and operate the CMMS / Work Order program at the site (PMs, trouble calls, energy mgmt. systems, etc.)
- Maintain day-to-day operations of facilities, such as delegating or completing maintenance orders
- Create reports on maintenance, repairs, safety and other occurrences for supervisors and other relevant staff
- Serve as on-call liaison, schedule PMs, routine maintenance and coordinate emergency repairs
- Ensure daily janitorial services are up to par to keep the building attractive and hygienic
- Must have knowledge of mechanical systems plumbing, HVAC and other building systems
- Bachelor's degree in architecture, industrial engineering or other Facilities Management related field
- Minimum of 5 years' previous supervisory/management experience
- Active security clearance (preferred)
- Strong project management and project execution skills
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers.
- Ability to effectively present information.
- 2+ years of AutoCAD drawing experience
- Knowledge of mechanical systems plumbing, HVAC and other building systems
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with Archibus or other move management software