Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
Aerospace Procurement Specialist
Fullerton, CA 92835 US
Posted: 03/17/2023 2023-03-17 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Contract Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84197
Position summary: Purchases raw materials, parts, assemblies, equipment, supplies, and services at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, delivery, and other factors. Makes and implements decisions which impact the supplier base, including source selection, cost reduction strategies, and service level commitments.
- Places purchase orders in MRP for production, non-production, and service items with approved suppliers
- Initiates procurement strategies with suppliers, including blanket PO's, pricing discounts based on total dollar volume, and supported Kanbans
- Establishes strong relationship with key suppliers through regularly scheduled meetings, teleconferences, or visits
- Issues requests for quotations to suppliers on new parts and established parts to get competitive bids and updated pricing and delivery schedules
- Negotiates with suppliers to achieve price reductions, and maintains a record of cost reduction achievement
- Meets with product team and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods and determine corrective action
- Reviews open order status, incorporating MRP changes (expediting, reducing, increasing, canceling) as they occur
- Resolves supplier billing discrepancies
- Works with the receiving department and quality assurance department to resolve PO's on suspense for documentation and quality discrepancies
- All other duties as assigned.
- Purchasing raw materials, parts, assemblies, equipment, supplies, and services at the most favorable price consistent with quality, quantity, delivery, and other factors.
- Good communication and negotiating skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word or Excel
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficient in the use of MRP systems (SAP, Epicor, etc.)
- College degree preferred.
- Candidates MUST have (7) or more years of purchasing experience and/or supply chain management in a manufacturing/aerospace environment.
- Specific course work in purchasing or supply chain management, preferred.
For more info email: RLane@motivecompanies.com
$35-$40 per hour DOE