Motive Workforce Solutions http://www.motiveworkforce.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/sm-logo-200x200-1.png https://www.motiveworkforce.com https://www.motiveworkforce.com true
19410428 Ballistics Engineer (20935)
Huntsville, AL 35806 US
Posted: 03/27/2023 2023-03-27 2023-04-28 Employment Type: Direct Industry: Engineering Job Number: 84220
Top aerospace company is looking to add a cleared Ballistics Engineer to their growing team in Huntsville, AL
Ideal candidates will have the following experience:
- Perform ballistic modeling activities
- Perform trades for grain design that meet performance requirements.
- Conduct grain design, performance analysis, pretest predictions with established methodologies for motor test firings.
- Conduct post firing data correlations and/or burning rate analysis with established methodologies.
- Analyze ballistic and propellant data for model updates.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations documenting all activities.
- Continuous Improvement activities:
- Update current or proposed ballistic models/methodologies to improve technical fidelity and/or design cycle time.
- Train and mentor, early career engineers.
- Design and Manufacturing Support: Prepare inputs for engineering drawings and specifications relating to solid rocket propellant grains.
** Candidates must be U.S. Citizens without Dual Citizenship **
- Active secret security clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in performing design and/or analysis of solid rocket motor propulsion systems is required.
- Requires proficiency using ballistics models, SPP (or equivalent).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is expected.
- A Master's or Doctorate degree in a field of engineering that relates to solid rocket motor phenomenology is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with aerospace product development efforts is desired.
- Experience in software development is a plus. This position may be filled at this level or one level higher.